Lets compare our two favorite window brands: Simonton and PGT.
- Founded in Pennsboro, West Virginia in 1946 by Fred and Sybil Simonton
- Originally produced high quality aluminum products under the Pen Vent Awning company name.
- Their son came up with the idea of producing energy efficient vinyl windows in 1981 to increase their competitive edge.
- From that idea came Simonton Windows.
- Currently Simonton produces 12 different window and patio door lines, all meeting ENERGY STAR® guidelines and exceeding customer expectations.
- Founded in 1980 by its parent company, PGT Innovations has been producing strong and safe windows for over 40 years.
- PGT Custom Windows + Doors is part of an entire brand of companies dedicated to safety, integrity, innovation and sustainable growth.
- After hurricane Andrew in 1992, PGT dedicated their company to researching and developing impact rated windows and doors.
- PGT’s manufacturing facilities are located in North Venice, FL.
Both Simonton and PGT have:
One difference is in Replacement Window types.
Simonton offers only double hung windows in their StormBreaker Plus product line. Their impact windows are convenient, opening from the top and the bottom sash. For easy cleaning and maintenance, both sashes tilt inward.
They have different configurations for their sliding glass doors.
Another difference is within their Product Warranty.
Both product lines come with our Labor Warranty!
Karoly is confident in our products and installation crews. He is so confident that he offers a Lifetime Labor Warranty on all our product lines that we offer. If you ever have any warranty issues, we ensure those issues will be resolved quickly and with no out of pocket labor costs for the replacement of your window sash. Contact our office fore more details! (888) 219-7953